Meet Our Executive Director
Pastor Bill Reagan is originally from Brook Park, Ohio, the oldest of nine children. He married Theresa Travis June 24, 1978. The couple has been blessed with three children, Mark, Elizabeth, and Rachel. They are proud grandparents to Xander, Liora, Lilah and Reyah Helforoush.
Bill graduated from Midpark High School, Middleburg Hts., Ohio in 1974. He later received the Bachelor of Science in Education degree from Concordia University, Seward, Nebraska, 1979. He then attended Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, Missouri, where he received the Master of Divinity degree in 1983.
His service in pastoral ministry has led him to parishes in Cleveland, Ohio, Miami, Florida and San Antonio, Texas. Bill served as Mission and Ministry Facilitator with the Texas District, The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. He has been Executive Director of Loaves & Fishes of the Rio Grande Valley since January, 2010.
Bill has served on a number of boards and committees during his ministry. Among them are:
- Lutheran Children’s Aid and Family Services, Cleveland, Ohio
- Cleveland Church Coalition
- Lutheran Inner City Church Coalition of Cleveland
- Board for Missions, English District, The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod
- Board for Missions, Florida-Georgia District, The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod
- Chairman, Lutheran Disaster Response, Hurricane Andrew
- Rotary Club of Harlingen, 2002 – present (President, 2009-10)
- Harlingen Centennial Committee, 2009-10
- Texas Balance of State Continuum of Care, 2016—2018
- South Texas Emergency Care Foundation, 2020 -
Other ministry activities include:
- Host, “In Touch” Sunday evening religious talk show
- Supervisor on numerous occasions for Pastor and Deaconess interns
- Instructor, Hispanic Institute of Theology, Miami, Florida
- Instructor, Mission Planters Institute, Irvine, California
- Author, Introducción al Nuevo Testamento II
- Hispanic Institute of Theology, Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, Mo.
- Mission trips to Mexico, Nicaragua, New Orleans, Mississippi
- Numerous preaching engagements in Mexico and Texas
- Harlingen Community Bible Classes, September 2006—2019
- Reagan on Service Column in the Valley Morning Star, July 2012—2018
Bill and Theresa were recognized by their alma mater, Concordia University with the Partners in Mission Award. Lutheran Disaster Response recognized Bill’s leadership during the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew. The Harlingen Literacy Center selected Bill for its 25th Annual Celebrity Roast in 2014. Bill was inducted into the Harlingen Walk of Fame in June, 2017. He received the Heritage Award from the Harlingen Chamber of Commerce in September, 2018 and was named RGV Citizen of the Year in January, 2019. The City of Hidalgo, Texas inducted Bill into the Rio Grande Valley Walk of Fame at State Farm Arena in February, 2019. The United Way of Northern Cameron Country presented Bill the Lee H. Means Make a Difference Award in September, 2019.
Bill is a frequent speaker at Harlingen community events.